Friday, July 20, 2007

No Knitting for the Weary

I have been struck with the latest toddler-created cold (he is often referred to as the Petri Dish) and going to bed early, so I have no major updates on the knitting front other than my little Tulip sweater is coming along sloooooowly. I actually got out some of my favorite tops to measure - just like all my knitting books say to do! - and decided those brits at Rowan must be short, or I've taken to the 80s long shirt styles, and I need to knit a couple extra inches to make it to my liking. So happy I found that out before I finished the back.... just like the knitting books say. ;)

And, I got an email from another RECPTA member saying she read my blog and wants to join the next knit night! We have fans! Someone other than my mom read my blog! So, once the clutch of death makes it's way through my body we'll have to coordinate another Thursday night at the 'Dog.

On to random knitting thoughts... I've been listening to a new NPR show, Radio Lab. It's so great if you, like me, like to learn random things about human nature mixed with psychology and science. Very cool show. So, they were talking about sleep and dreams and how you tend to process the things you think about throughout the day in your dreams and work in other memories, emotions, just sorting it all out, putting what goes where. People who play Tetris for hours during the day will dream of Tetris in the first few moments of sleep, but later on their dreaming of other memories that may or may not relate to Tetris. Yet, I can't think about a time when I've dreamed about knitting, even though I obsess about it (knitted cupcakes) throughout the day and night. Maybe knitting puts my brain and emotions to rest for a while before bed so I've already worked it out before bed... it is my meditation.

1 comment:

NH Knitting Mama said...

Well, you have a great blog here, so keep writing! I love blogs that mix family and knitting.

Welcome to the webring!