Monday, July 9, 2007

Apparently, I like purple

This weekend I just started on Tulip, a cute little cross-over summery top that I hope to finish in time to wear for late summer/early fall that often drags on into October here in Texas. (It has a cool little scalloped edging you get by rotating the left needle around the previous rows...)

The yarn is a nice linen, viscose blend in a slightly variegated plum. Suddenly ,I realized it's almost the exact same color as this hand-dyed mohair blend I bought in Maine over the holidays. I made a flowy droopy-neck sweater from Interweave that is packed away for the summer.

Add a little pink and you get the color of my Seaman's Scarf WIP...

Then, I think to the next sweater I have planned and the Berocco Ultra Alpaca that I bought for the next one on my list...








And, as I walk by the kitchen taking photos of my work, I notice tonight's dinner... pork chops with plum sauce (tastes better than it looks here).

Apparently, I like purple.

2 comments:

Barb Matijevich said...

Wow, you're such a good knitter! I'm still a novice --have yet to try a sweater. Mostly because I'm terrified but also because I'm knitting socks like crazy. I'm working on the first pair I've ever knit for my husband and let me say, it will be a while before I knit another pair for him. too many stitches! Too conservative! TOO MUCH PRESSURE!

Anyway, your vacation looks a lot more glamorous than ours. But the Post Vacation Let Down is the same no matter where you go...

Lis said...

I like purple too. :)

Dinner looks... interesting.

Oh, your son's really adorable!