Wednesday, June 27, 2007

I'm not biased...

but I like this bag.

I just finished my version of Unbiased found on Knitty.com and a Knit-a-Day-Calendar of my mom's. It's made from yarn woven from recycled sari silk. You can find the yarn on the designer's website or I found mine on eBay (for about $10 - shipping included!).

It's an adventurous grab-bag type project in that you don't know what the finished product will look like until you knit it up. I wound the yarn months ago and didn't realize I'd get that big blocks of color. I also didn't know how different the pieces would look. Fortunately, two sets sorta match each other. The colors are so rich and bold, it's really striking. I've already received compliments on it.

I added a button and crocheted a tab (crochet is so much easier for spontaneous button holes when pattern doesn't matter) so it stays shut - sort of.

And the best part is, it's super-fast. I finished it in about a week and a half in time for our trip to Mexico... more on that later.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm not biased either, and I believe it's really cool looking!